Our Mentoring Program is a formal program that facilitates enriching experiences through reciprocal relationships and opportunities for personal and professional GROWTH while sharing knowledge, leveraging skills, and cultivating talent
DID YOU KNOW?
Nearly half the population of young people between the ages of 10 and 25 lives in challenging situations that put them at risk of not living up to their potential. They need a listening ear and gentle guidance that can turn a negative situation into a life lesson. Support the Ngao Foundation today by making a donation.
Our Mentorship program matches adult volunteers with youth based on mutual interests and personality traits; connecting with a personal mentor as their life coach and friend. Mentors help youth develop their strengths and achieve their goals by using their experiences and expertise to help identify available resources.
Prevention Awareness through Core Training (PACT) is a life skills program offered by Ngao and its partners that works to provide the drug resistance, social and personal self-management skills youth need to succeed.
Drug Resistance Skills:Youth learn and understand the consequences of substance use, risk-taking, and the influences of media and marketing.
Social Skills: Youth gain interpersonal and communication skills to meet personal challenges and build healthy relationships.
Personal Self-Management Skills:Youth learn and develop the skills that help them enhance self-esteem, develop problem-solving skills, reduce stress and anxiety, and manage personal emotions.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
The Ngao Foundation deeply appreciates the support of its volunteers, mentors and donors! Here are some ways to help:
- Nominate a youth that you feel is in need of extra support
- Mentor a youth who shares similar interests and personality traits as you, and meet with them two times a month
- Tutor a youth who needs help with homework
- Intern at The Ngao Foundation
- Provide a monetary gift to help us reach as many youths as possible
- Help us connect to a company or organization that offers grants, endowments, or donations to youth-oriented programs
- Make a donation to support
Thiong’o rd, off Waiyaki Way, Kangemi, Nairobi
8:00 AM – 5.00 PM
Monday – Saturday